Dear Google Ad Services, what on Earth would make you think I’d be interested in this..?
I think I’ve been banned from /r/atheism, so Tumblr - have some exclusive, original content by yours truly!
Atheism and Religion are but two sides of the same coin…
1. Thou shall not attack the person’s character, but the argument. (Ad hominem)
2. Thou shall not misrepresent or exaggerate a person’s argument in order to make them easier to attack. (Straw man fallacy)
3. Thou shall not use small numbers to represent the whole. (Hasty generalization)
4. Thou shall not argue thy position by assuming one of its premises is true. (Begging the question)
5. Thou shall not claim that because something occurred before, it must be the cause. (Post Hoc/False cause)
6. Thou shall not reduce the argument down to two possibilities. (False dichotomy)
7. Thou shall not argue that because of our ignorance, claim must be true or false. (Ad ignorantum)
8. Thou shall not lay the burden of proof onto him that is questioning the claim. (Burden of proof reversal)
9. Thou shall not assume “this” follows “that” when it has no logical connection. (Non sequitur)
10. Thou shall not claim that because a premise is popular, therefore it must be true. (Bandwagon fallacy)
“Atheism: a lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.”
That is the entire meaning of atheism. Atheism is not a religion, it is not a belief system. Atheism is nothing sinister, and nothing to fear.
When is comes to Zeus, we are all atheists.
“Religions are like wisdom teeth…”